“I don’t do fashion, I am fashion.” Coco Chanel

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

H.E.M.P Hop Magazine Fashion Editor Nikki Wardrick Interview with Spokes Model Shanika Rasberry
 
1. Tell a little about yourself.

My name is Shanika Rasberry aka Miss  Rasberry. Im an Aries from Raleigh, NC. I have a beautiful 12yr old daughter. Im a full time student working on my degree in business admin. I work full time at a recreational center. I am a cheerleader coach and I love mentoring kids. Im a hard worker and very focused on my future.
   
2.How did you get started in modeling?

I started modeling 2 yrs ago with a modeling group based out of Raleigh, NC. 

3.What are your goals for modeling/ what is next for you?

My goals are to pursue modeling on a higher level. I want to be able to travel and have my photos in magazines nationwide.  
 
4. What advice do you give up coming models?
The advice I will give up coming models is to always believe in yourself and never get discourage.  

5. Having worked as a model for a few years now how would you  compare what you see on TV shows to real life ?

In real life you have to work hard, and even though many doors may close you have to continue to pull through and focus on your goals. Unlike television, the opportunities that are given to the models are handed to them a little easily. 

6.What type of modeling do you think offer the greatest opportunity for new model?

I think print ads offer the greatest opportunities because there are a wide variety of work for models that wants to venture out do different styles modeling.

7.Is there a mistake you've seen other beginning models make that you would want to warn other new models about?

Yes, models need to research their photographers before they commit to doing a shoot. A real model should not have to pay anyone for services that they were asked to do.


https://www.facebook.com/MissRasberry
 

No comments:

Post a Comment